Thursday 1 January 2015

Selfish sewing 2014



I suppose I should be jumping on the ‘year in review’ bandwagon that is prevalent in blogland.  I thought I’d been completely useless at blogging this year but looking back that’s really only been towards the second half of the year. I didn't make as much for some reason and what I did make didn’t get blogged. I think that’s mainly because I struggle with taking photos of my makes. Luckily I have two birthday/Christmas presents that will help with that situation – my dressmakers dummy and my new camera! The first is still in the garage waiting to be built and fitted to me (once we've got the New Year visiting out of the way), and the second just needs Remote control – hopefully photos will be a bit more relaxed and in focus now!

So on to this year’s makes, I think the list is as follows:
Named Blair batwing
Sewaholic Renfrew
Deer & Doe Chardon
Deer & Doe Sureau
Deer & Doe Belladone
BHL Victoria Blazer
BHL Anna dress – midi and maxi
Kwik Sew 3764 jacket – and one for sis
Tilly’s Mathilde blouse #2
Deer & Doe Datura top
Tilly’s Miette skirt #2
Grainline Moss skirt
McCalls 6515 trousers – shorts and long version (no photo!)
Colette Moneta dress
Colette Sorbetto – x2 (no photos!)

So all in all, not really a bad year!

My #1 favourite of all time is the Kwik Sew jacket – I have worn that baby constantly since it was made. The wool was pretty cheap though, so it’s not looking it’s best and I have grand plans for another version next year (warning: may involve pleather…). 

In no particular order my other favourites are
1.       Both BHL Anna dresses – the midi is on constant Work rotation, and the maxi I wore pretty much every evening on our Indochina holiday (and got lots of compliments from travel companions!).
2.       Grainline Moss skirt – was always a little big, and as I've lost weight is now too baggy to wear. I’m not sure I can be bothered to alter it but I do have some brown corduroy to make another one!
3.       Colette Moneta – such an easy make, and another on constant rotation. Only problem is it’s a bit low on the back for me and I need a bit more warmth on my neck in the evil work air-con. Next one will probably be a Moneta Renfrew frankenpattern…..
4.       Tilly’s Miette skirt (summer edition) – I just love the bright summery yellowness of this skirt!

1 comment:

  1. Still can never believe how much you get done! All so professional looking too:-)

    ReplyDelete