Thursday 27 June 2013

Whoops!

I seem to have added another project to the list....  Its not my fault, By Hand are doing a sewalong on their blog. But its OK, I got the fabrics in the Abakhan 70% sale - the grey is the outside, and is a lovely soft crepe (I'm a bit concerned that it's too lightweight, but we'll see how it goes), and the pattern for the lining is a gorgeous cotton lawn that was labeled 'Vintage Lavender'. I'm really kicking myself that I didn't buy more because I absolutely love it!  And you even get a lovely woven label from the girls at By Hand London with your pattern. Isn't that cool?


And in other news, I finished the latest baby quilt top at the weekend - I think I'm going to call it Snowy Owl (there are owls and it's a snowball pattern, so obvious really, right?).

The weather was so dismal here this evening that the only place dry with a bit of light was the polytunnel, so you get lettuce and sweetcorn as well!!  I love the bold fabric patterns in large blocks, and how quickly it all went together (and less cutting!).



I have an idea about the quilting, but I'm not sure I can describe what's in my head.  It's going to be bright threads for a start, and I might use a couple (or maybe three) different colours, and the general trend is going to concentrate on the white fabric in vertical lines, but bulging out into white octagon/snowball bits. Does that make sense?  I did see on Kaffe's quilts that the colour block snowballs were quilted in circles to make them appear more circular but I'm not sure it would work with mine as they've got the sashing/larger white areas.  Hmm....





Editied to link up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you shared your awesome projects at Needle and Thread Thursday! I just love that snowball quilt! That quilting sounds interesting and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete