Monday 8 October 2012

New project begins

Firstly I have to appologise for the poor quality of the photos - the iPhone really doesn't like taking pictures in artifitial light, I really should use a proper camera.

So here we are starting another new adventure.  Mum thought it would be a lovely idea for me to make a quilted bedspread for Nan in her new home, so I thought I'd better get some practise in and start off with something slightly smaller....

I bought a fat quarter pack from someone on the internet (I can't remember the source, I could look it up I suppose) and then started the excellent Quilting 101 class from the Chasing Cottons blog (http://chasingcottons.blogspot.co.uk/p/quilt-class-101.html).

Eventually my fat quarters turned into a big stack of 5'' x 5'' squares, and then it was time to start sewing them together:

No comments:

Post a Comment