Sunday 17 June 2012

Bag v2.0

I can post this up now as it's been delivered! Mum saw my small messenger bag that I made around the end of last year and decided she'd like one.  Not much advice was given on the type of fabric as long as it "wasn't flowery"!

So I had my first ever trip to Calico Laine fabric shop/warehouse near Neston.....Mmmmm fabric.  So much nice stuff and great to see it instead of trying to work out what it would really look like from website pictures.

I went for a lovely purple/indigo/violet/pink/blue swirly pattern fabric in the end, and decided on pale blue as a complimentary colour. I thought going for purple solid colour as the second fabric might be a bit much and hard to match the colour against the pattern.


I didn't alter the design at all from the original one I did. On the whole I'm really happy with the way it turned out..... I'm getting better at using the machine to sew around corners. There were a few places where the fabric gathered or tucked a bit - I'm not sure if that's down to my inexperience or the fact that the machine struggles a bit with the amount of fabric I'm getting it to punch through!

No comments:

Post a Comment