Tuesday 8 November 2011

Baby christmas cakes

So this is the first attempt at making Christmas Cakes and these are to go into the Christmas hampers. I've used the recipe from the Good Housekeeping Baking Book, and put it into 6 baby tins (4.5'' ). There was a fair bit of cake mixture left over so I put the remainder in my smallest loaf tin.

I wasn't sure how long these would bake for as the recipe says 4 hours for a 9'' round tin. So I did them for 2 hours, making sure that I turned them and rotated them between the two shelves every half hour or so. I was paranoid about burning the sides so they had double layers of baking parchment on the sides and bottom, and a double layer of brown paper around the outside of the tins. All look good, tho a bit fragile as they're not very deep. The larger one in the loaf tin I cooked for about 2 1/2 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment